SMBC Group’s developer portal and APIs is open to those registered as a TPP with a national competent authority.
We currently provide access to only sandbox APIs for testing purposes. We will announce our production APIs in due course.
Currently SMBC Group supports:
- Account services to query account information, balances and transaction history;
- Consent services to request and manage consent on behalf of Bank customers;
- Token services to obtain and manage OAuth2 access;
- Payment services to initiate and authorise single payments;
- Signing basket services to authorise a collection of payments; and
- Sandbox digital signature utility to test your digital signature implementation.
The reader should:
- review SMBC Group's implementations of PSD2 APIs (Berlin Group) and the OAuth v2 delegated access model;
- review the section on using the sandbox including the sandbox API flows;
- register an account on the developer portal. We will ask for some basic information, including your company's TPP authorisation number;
- register your application in the developer portal to obtain the credentials to interact with our sandbox API environment; and
- test your application against our sandbox API environment, making reference to our API documents section to obtain access to the mocked data.
There is no fee to use SMBC Group’s developer portal or for the use of PSD2 related APIs.
Yes. SMBC Group offers a contingency solution in the event that our dedicated interface is unavailable. For more information or to sign up please use the contact us page and select the “contingency mechanism” topic.
Please use the contact us page and select the “contingency mechanism” topic requesting onboarding. SMBC Group will in turn request your eIDAS QWAC or equivalent, perform necessary due diligence steps and finally provision access to the contingency site.